Background and Purpose
Upon examination of a working group in the Cabinet Secretariat of the Chief Intelligent Office, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, the Alliance has discussed its foundation since June 2017. The purpose of the Alliance is to set up technical and systematic environments, so that users can easily judge, collect and utilize data that they seek. The Alliance establishes Technology Standards Committee, Operation Standards Committee, and Data Utilization Committee, to be engaged in below activities.
- Distribution of data and materialization of a data-driven society are vital and social mission that attributes to activation of the industry in Japan and strengthening the international competitiveness of the country.
- Neutrality, transparency and fairness are required in the data distribution business, such as data trading market.
- In order to materialize safe and secure data distribution, from a view point of governance toward data distribution business and compliance, it is necessary to secure observing structure by identifying and publicizing those who obey independent rules and meet certain requirements.
- To develop data distribution and the data-driven society, it is necessary to promote provision of services by mutual cooperation among data distribution companies and maintenance of data format.
- Data utilization should be further promoted by preparing technical and systematic environments by which data providers feel secured and can smoothly provide data and data users can easily judge, collect and utilize data that they seek.
- For healthy growth of data distribution business, Data Trading Alliance is to be founded, in order to promote cooperation among data distribution companies and related business entities and cope with securing appropriate operation.
|Name||Data Trading Alliance / DTA|
|Address||2-7-26 Landwork Aoyama Bldg. Kita-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-0061|
|Establishment||November 1, 2017|
(Keio University , School of Environment and Information Studies)
|President / Secretary General|
|External Directors||(Japanese alphabetical order)|
Noboru Tsukagoshi (The University of Tokyo Graduate School of Informatics)
Ryosuke Shibasaki (The University of Tokyo Spatial Information Science Research Center)
Ichiya Nakamura (Keio University Graduate School of Media Design)
|Directors||(Japanese alphabetical order)|
Naoyuki Ito (INTAGE Co., Ltd.)
Kenji Ueda (Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd.)
Fumihiko Ohtsuki (Fujitsu Limited)
Ryuji Kai (Hitachi, Ltd.)
Koji Sugiyama (Uhuru Corporation)
Hajime Takebayashi (OMRON Corporation)
Ryosuke Yamaguchi (Sakura Internet Co., Ltd.)
Mitsuo Wakameda (NEC Corporation)
|Auditors||(Japanese alphabetical order)|
Yoichiro Itakura (Hikari General Law Firm)
Takafumi Ochiai (Atsumi Sakai Law Office · Foreign law joint project)